the girl who giggled so sweet

I see you watching me watching you.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

any loose change, missy?

I was walking up to Karanghape Road to meet Andrew.

I stopped and waited for the pedestrian green light to lit before I cross the road.

*Beep beep beep*

Green light is on and I start crossing the road.

Just as I was walking pass the car stopped in front of me, the driver in pressed his electronic window down.

*pzzztt.....*

Oh god, I thought to myself, not another dickhead that come up with their oh-so-creative-one-liner "cummm ride with me,beybehhhhhhhhhhh..."

Instead, he asked, quite politely:" Excuse me, Miss. Had you got a spare dollar? I need it for my parking."

For a moment, I thought I heard him wrong. I gave him my 'whatever' look and ignored him.

LIKE, HELLO??? Had you heard of the words - 'public transport'? oh great, why don't you ask me for a spare twenty dollar note for your gas?! Oh, or should I give you my spare dollar so you can save up to buy a Range Rover? Like, you're not even driving a fucken beat-up car but some metallic-silver 4 doors convertible that any standard 40hrs/week blue collared worker will buy. How do you even fucken bring yourself shamelessly ask for a pedestrian for parking fee?

*ROARRRR*

Begging had really got out of hand in Auckland.

Maybe I should even try my luck on begging. I should go to SPCA and kidnap whole lot of kittens and put them in a box, sitting on a sidewalk on Queen Street. Propping up a signboard that says "Help needed. I am foreign. I have no family here. I am stranded alone with six hungry kittens waiting to be fed."

Once I get myself $3.50, I will pop into one of those cafes on Little High Street for a Chai Latte. Then, perhaps, continue sitting on the sidewalk for another hour or so because I will like to have smoked chicken panini from Wishbone for my lunch.

Ah, ain't life as a beggar grand, hun?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiyo pear jin ah...That guy maybe got cash, but not coin...poor him tho..haha

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home